FINANCIAL AID BENEFITS WITH YOUR FIU ONE CARDYou can now set up direct deposit, request a book advance or purchase a meal pass with your financial aid. Read below for further information on how to set up your direct deposit account with Wells Fargo, or apply your aid to purchase books or dine on campus.
You can now apply your Financial Aid award towards a meal pass.
Whether you just need a between-class snack, a full-course meal or a cup of coffee, you’re always covered with a Meal Pass.* With a Meal Pass, students have the greatest flexibility and automatically save at least 10% with every swipe at any of the 26 dining locations at FIU.
Panther Dining offers 6 different meal passes, in 3 categories, designed to fit your lifestyle and needs:
- VIP passes provide you unlimited visits and up to 50% savings (or more) at the Fresh Food Company (FFC), FIU’s all-you-care-to-eat restaurant located in the Graham Center.
- ALL Access passes provide the ultimate in flexibility. You can eat at all 26 Panther Dining locations and save up to 25%, depending upon which pass you purchase.
- Fresh 50 pass provides an adequate number of meals each semester at FFC, to ensure you’ll never go hungry!
To apply your Financial Aid award towards a meal pass:
- Log in to MyFIU.
- Once you accept your award(s), click the Financial Aid Meal Plan link at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have clicked on the link, select the plan you’d like to learn more about and check the box next to it for additional information.
- When you have decided which plan to purchase, please read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, type in your signature (your name as it appears at the top of the screen).
- Click submit.
You’re now ready to Stay.Eat.Save!
Get paid faster!
Direct Deposit and your FIU One Card
Sign up for direct deposit to have your Financial Aid and other disbursements deposited directly into your linked Wells Fargo College Checking® account on the day they are paid. No more waiting for checks or standing in line!
© 2012 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Member FDIC
Signing up is easy and free:
- Sign into MyFIU account and click Direct Deposit/ Add Account.
- Add your bank routing number (RTN) and account number to the designated fields. They can be found on your checks or by calling your financial institution.*
- Once you’ve added your account information, click the Authorization option and the Save button.
*All checking accounts are eligible to receive direct deposit disbursements from FIU. Contact the FIU One Card office for more information.
Get your books on time!
Your Book Advance can be used at Barnes & Noble at FIU. If you qualify, a To Do item will appear on your “To Do” list in your Student Center via Self Service and you will be notified through your FIU Email address.* The Book Advance link will be posted on your myFIU account. Links are generally posted to all qualifying student accounts 3 weeks prior to the start of each semester.
To access the link, follow these steps:
- Log in to MyFIU.
- Select your aid year and click on the “Accept/Decline Awards” link.
- Confirm your selections by clicking “Submit”.
- Click the “Financial Aid Book Advance” link to accept your book advance. Click on this link to accept your book award.
Book Advance funds will be available on your FIU One Card within 24 hours after your award is accepted. The entire amount of the Book Advance credited to your FIU One Card will be deducted from your financial aid award.
After the last day of drop/add period, you may use the remaining balance on your FIU One Card Debit Account in other areas of the University where the FIU One Card is accepted. You may also request a refund from your card by following the instructions on the FIU One Card Debit Account Terms and Conditions**.*If the total amount of your financial aid award for a semester (excluding FWS & Alternative/Private Loans) exceeds the cost of tuition and fees, you may be eligible for a Book Advance to purchase books and supplies at the beginning of the semester. If you qualify, you will be notified through your FIU Email address.
**Visit shop.fiu.edu/onecard for FIU One Card Debit Account Terms and Conditions