FIU ONE CARD PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. Purpose of this Statement. This statement tells you how Florida International University ("FIU" or the "University") will collect and process your personal data when you access this website at http://shop.fiu.edu/onecard/index.html ("the FIU One Card website").
2. Automated Collection of Personal Information. As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
3. Non-Automated Collection. Where you are required under this website to provide personal data, this data will be used to collect funds from your credit card for deposit to the designated FIU One Card Debit Account. This site may also use the Panther ID, full name, user name, encrypted password, password hint, email address and date of birth to process your transaction or to respond to your requests for information (e.g., request for transaction history). Please note that FIU is a public university and is subject to Florida’s public records law which requires that all information received in connection with state business be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is exempt by a specific statute.
5. Legal Disclaimer. FIU reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
7. Links to Other Sites. This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Florida International University. Please be aware that Florida International University is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. FIU encourages you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this FIU One Card website and other FIU websites may have different privacy statements.
8. Security. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). FIU follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can send email to us at email@example.com.
9. Customer Service. FIU will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will usually communicate with you by email unless you specifically request otherwise, we may also contact you by telephone.
10. Changes to this statement. This statement and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact the FIU One Card office at firstname.lastname@example.org, which is responsible for the pages to which it relates.