The textbook adoption system is now available to faculty and departments to submit your Fall 2016 textbook adoptions and materials requirements. The deadline for Fall adoptions is July 7, 2016. This date coincides with the beginning of advance registration and when students can view their course textbook and materials requirements. This information is also available online to all bookstores to help them ensure appropriate arrival of texts and better prices for student book buybacks.
Click HERE to submit your adoption or to learn more about Faculty Enlight FIU’s textbook adoption tool.
- Click HERE for more information on Barnes &Noble's response to FIU on House Bill 7019
First Day is Barnes & Noble’s College tuition based model where the cost of course materials is added to the tuition for a particular course or program. This model supports the company’s goal to offer convenience and ease for students, affordable options, and to support student success by ensuring every student is prepared for the First Day of class. Given that all schools have unique needs and use various software programs for registration, financial aid and communication, there is not a one-size-fits-all model, which is why B&N developed First Day to be flexible to meet the needs of each situation. B&N’s First Day Solution can be applied to a single course, a specific department or program, a year of study or to the entire curriculum. They can offer traditional textbooks, as well as custom titles for purchase or rent, along with digital options when available. All of these variables are used to determine the price they would need to collect from the school for each student enrolled in the program.
- Price match will be honored at the point of sale or within 7 days of the original purchase date.
- The textbook must be in stock and available for immediate shipment at the campus bookstore and the local competitor or online retailer.
- The price advertised must be for the exact book/edition offered at the campus bookstore, including all accompanying components such as CDs, online access cards, student manuals or workbooks, etc.
- Price matching includes rental pricing. Rental term period (number of days available) must be comparable and only used rental price matching will be honored.
- The original receipt must be provided to show if the textbook was rented or purchased, along with the price.
- Digital titles and special orders are excluded.
- Price matching applies to same condition items, used book to used book purchase, new book to new book purchase and used rental to used rental only.
In March, Barnes & Noble Education announced a new partnership with VitalSource, a part of the Ingram Content Group. VitalSource is a leading eBook platform that allows students to access course materials whenever and wherever they choose – using their laptops, desktops or mobile devices. VitalSource will power B&N’s Yuzu® eTextbook reader, providing a seamless transition with a Yuzu branded product, immediately providing new enhancements and functionality that will deliver an even better digital reading experience and access to a broad digital catalog for your students