- Develop automated, online and easily accessible textbook information for faculty.
- Enable faculty to place orders online and provide clear deadlines.
- Provide price information to faculty
- Assist faculty in planning negotiations with publishers and bookstore for reduced prices
- Determine the availability of less expensive editions of textbooks (e.g., printed on less expensive paper or without color) and provide this information to faculty.
- When student registration is complete, e-mail students the ISBN of the textbooks required for the course, thereby giving students the option to purchase textbooks online.
- Explore ways that departmental coordination could reduce costs for students. Departments could consider using a standard book for all sections of introductory level courses so that used books will have more resale value.
- Facilitate regular communications among bookstore managers, department heads, students and faculty.